“Those who have a ‘why’ to live, can bear almost any ‘how.’”
– Viktor E Frankl –
We exist to inspire you, to support and to equip you to lead the life you can. We are devoted to making it possible for you to be happy and fulfilled. That’s what we do, that’s why we come to work every day and that is our commitment to every person who comes to us. We do not judge, we do not blame, we only lend a hand to empower you.
Nurture Woodlands has a scientific and medical approach to wellness and recovery. You will work with a team of professional people who have been handpicked because they all share our reason for existence – to inspire you, to support you and to equip you to lead the life you can and want to live.
Our team includes; psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, biokineticists, dieticians and nursing staff that create, implement and monitor treatment programs catered to each patients’ needs. Every day, you will be part of a group of people where you get to share similar challenges in a safe environment. Together you will take part in a busy program we have designed with our committed goals of assisting you to recover and to equip you to live a fulfilled life.
We will give you the RIGHT assistance that will stop you from feeling overwhelmed and out of control. Patients in our recovery program will learn to make better choices and replace old, destructive behaviours with new, healthy habits.
Our wellness unit helps patients face the challenges of Depression, Bi-polar, Anxiety, Trauma and Stress related conditions.
WHY WE ARE GOOD AT WHAT WE DO
We firmly believe in a patient-centred approach by utilising “Wellness” as a model and incorporating experiential learning as one of the pillar techniques.
Our patient-centred approaches help people to live better lives. That means having:
- Support and understanding
- A purpose
- A meaningful day/week
- Family, friends and acquaintances that can provide love and support
- Self-awareness that can lead to self-acceptance
- Growth and self-development
- Social groups to belong to and share with
- People that treat you as an individual and worthy equal
- Control over the direction of one’s life and future
- Good health
- A belief system based on own values and choices
- Safety, security and justice
- Please contact us for any queries or requests.
- A maximum of TWO visitors are allowed per patient, visitation in patient rooms is not permitted.
- Arrange all special requests regarding visitors in advance with the patient coordinator.
Woodlands Hospital is a Nurture Health Hospital and exists to inspire, support and equip our patients to lead a happy and fulfilled life.
Find out more about Nurture Health and the other Nurture Health Hospitals in South Africa.